The best brussels sprouts and a pretty great salad

So, I bought a Brussels Sprout stalk at WF, and now will be eating a million sprouts for the next month.

No problem.

So, this time, I didn't feel like I did much different then normal, but they just tasted so nice!  I sliced them in half and added them to the saute pan.  I added two pats of butter, and warmed them with salt and pepper.  They began to brown nicely, and I continued to turn them.

Like I said, just like normal.  I think having them be so fresh was the difference.

Along with the sprouts, we got a huge box of veggies from the CSA, and I wanted to take advantage while they were fresh.  I ended up making another soup, because, it's just fast!

Onion, garlic, tomato, carrots, fennel, green beans, chard... I also added some of the chicken left over from roasting on Sunday and some brown rice, and lots of broth and a bay leaf.  It tasted very fresh, and I liked that about it. JW wasnt impressed. Fine by me, I call leftovers!

He did like the salad I made though.  I like to use the CSA lettuce within the first day or two because it wilts quickly!  I sliced and washed the red leaf lettuce, diced an apple from the farm, and some red onion and mozzarella.  I layered it in a bowl, and by then, the apple was already start to brown, so I sprayed lemon juice over it.  Drizzled on some Ken's lite Caesar dressing that JW LOVES and a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

I also took some of the mashed squash, and attempted to make squash cakes, but it was more like browned squash... it was still tasty.

I have real pictures of all the dishes, but my internet is being SLOW, so another day. I had to take them with a camera instead of my phone this time, because it died... check back soon!

Comments

Popular Posts