Apple Crisp

To start fall off right, I decided to make an apple crisp tonight.  I had some apples that I needed to use up, and I think I was looking for an excuse to turn on the oven (which is free instead of paying for electric heat). 

Pillsbury Cookbook that has been blogged earlier is the source of the recipe.  I peeled 6 apples (I like Granny Smith the best, but whatever you have...). I use a veggie peeler.  Then, I use an apple corer and slicer (should be on my gadget blog! ~$7)

Put the apples in the bottom of a 9x9 Pyrex glass dish.  Add 1 T of water, 1 T of lemon juice, and 1 t of cinnamon (but, of course, I don't measure). 
In a bowl, mix 3/4 c flour, 1/2 c softened butter, 1 c rolled oats, and 3/4 c brown sugar.  Stir together until crumbles are formed.  Pour mixture over apples.

Bake, uncovered, for 30 min at 375. Serve warm, with vanilla ice cream.

And you are all very lucky you got a photo. I had to stop myself from eating to take it. It was hard work.

Comments

Popular Posts