Black Bean Soup... con pollo

It's probably not a good sign that I attached these photos many days before the text, and MK asked if this was soup or dessert.  These pictures make it look super gross if you ask me, but I love this soup!

This recipe, originally, comes from a cookbook called "Not Your Mother's Weeknight Cooking." I pretty much enjoy all in this book (except for that crap dijon yogurt marinade I talked about before...).  Making the recipe this time, I decided to add some shredded chicken I had lying around.  It was fine, but the recipe is soooooo good without it, that I wished I hadn't.

Black Bean Soup (without my mess ups):
3 T olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 large carrot, chopped
1 1/2 t curry powder
1/2 t ground coriander
2 cans (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
3 c broth
pepper, cilantro, juice of a lemon/lime (that's what I forgot!)

Heat oil and onion, carrot, and celery for 6 minutes. Add in curry powder and coriander. Add beans, broth, pepper, and cilantro.  Bring to boil.  Reduce to simmer, let cook 20 minutes.  Then, take half the chunky mixture and add to blender.  Puree and add back to the pot.  Stir in the lemon juice (that I still can't believe I forgot) and serve with Greek yogurt or sour cream!




Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.2

Comments

Popular Posts