Pizza... just a little closer

I'm still on the search to recreate the best pizza ever that I made the first time I made pizza.

I bought a premade pizza dough from Trader Joe's, and I've decided this is the best way to go.  "Fresh" is better than frozen, that I tend to keep in the house.  It just hasn't worked for me because I never defrost it in time.

So anyway, this time I used the garlic and herb dough (so good). Followed the directions on the package about stretching and such.

For tonight's topics, I opted for this post from Food & Wine:
I poured a little cornmeal on a cookie sheet, while the oven heated to 425.  I placed the dough on the pan, and spread about 1/4 cup of pizza sauce (also from TJs).  Sprinkled plenty of garlic powder and oregano (from MK's trip to Greece).  Layered slices of mozzarella, spinach, and diced tomato.  Sprinkled a little Parmesan cheese.

I put the pizza in the oven, and hoped for the best.

I bought JW some lunch meat at TJs too.  The salami looked so appealing, I started eating it. I was hungry... But then, I decided, let's throw a few on the pizza.  I kind of missed, because I wouldn't take the pizza out of the oven.  So, the side closest to the door was covered.

The pizza would have been perfect, if I had taken it out when the timer went off.  But, instead, I took a shower. Oops.

It was still good, but a little crunchy. A little brown. Still nicer than Papa John's...

Comments

Popular Posts