Breakfast at the W's

I was having a craving for popovers again, having seen my grandmother last weekend.

Ingredients
2 T butter
1 c milk
1 c flour
2 eggs
1/4 t salt

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Add the butter and milk into a microwavable bowl, and heat milk until butter is melted. Add the flour, salt, and eggs to the liquids. Mix until blended.

Pour into a muffin tin, about 3/4 of the way full. Fill remaining cups 1/2 way with water.

Cook for 20 minutes at 450, and without opening the oven door, finish cooking for 10 minutes at 350.


While the popovers were baking, I began to make the eggs.
1 t olive oil
1 t garlic
2 T red onion, diced
1/2 c precooked broccoli
5 slices of cooked bacon, broken into pieces
4 eggs
6 1/8" slices of extra sharp cheddar, white

I started with the oil, garlic and onion in the pan. And heated it for a minute or two, and then added the chopped, pre-cooked broccoli, and bacon pieces.

As the additions cooked, I broke 4 eggs into a bowl, and whisked in 1 T of water, salt, and pepper. I poured the eggs over the additions into the saute pan. I cooked the eggs for a minute, then added the cheese to melt.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

Comments

Popular Posts