Pork and risotto


After the marinade process, I roasted the pork in the oven at 350, for 35 minutes. I added root veggies (carrots and celery) around the outside of the pork. I am not the biggest fan of the celery, but for some reason, I always have tons of it (I think I get it for one recipe, and it only uses 1 stalk and then I have 10 left!).

I then made the butternut squash risotto, with resourceful modifications from the first time I made it.

1.5 T olive oil
2 c butternut squash, cubed
1 diced onion, I didn't have leeks
1/2 T thyme
1 c arborio rice
1/2 c beer, I didn't have white wine
3 c broth
1/3 c cheddar cheese, I didn't have Parm!

Peeling the squash is a pain, but I find it faster than roasting and then scooping. So I use a combination of a veggie peeler and a pairing knife. I used small diced cubes this time, so I only ended up using half of the squash (see a later post for the fries I made out of the rest).

Heat 1 T oil and saute squash about 5 minutes. Add rest of oil and saute onion over medium heat for 5 minutes, tender not brown. Add rice and coat in oil.  After 1 minute, add beer. Once rice has absorbed beer, add 1/2 cup of broth at a time, waiting for rice to absorb liquid before adding more. (Ok, so I would have done it gradually, but I needed a shower, so I poured half the broth in, and then came back to add the rest!) Stirring often, about 15 minutes.

Return squash to pan and cook about 10 more minutes. Add cheese and S&P. 






Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

Comments

Popular Posts