Brolied Chicken with asparagus and whole grains

When I was making Chicken Tikka Masala, I had tasted the chicken out of the broiler before it went into the sauce, and it was tasty by itself.

With a little advance prep to marinade, broiling chicken in 15 minutes seemed like a great solution to a late work night.  Planning ahead, I marinaded the chicken the night before:
  • 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
  • 2 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, fat trimmed
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper
 The next day, when I got home from work, I wiped the marinade off as much as possible, and laid the chicken on a baking dish. Be sure if can withstand the heat of the broiler- as mine curled and almost made a mess with the juices. Broil about 15 minutes, flipping throughout the process.

On the side I made asparagus and a side of whole grains from a box. SO GOOD. And so quick.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

Comments

Popular Posts