Walnut waffles

Waffles, that I adapted from AllRecipes.com
Ingredients

* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 4 teaspoons baking powder
* 2 tablespoons white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 1/2 cups warm milk
* 1/3 cup butter, melted
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/4 cup crushed walnuts

Directions

1. In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside. Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature. (check out my old school iron I inherited from my mother...)
2. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until blended. Add in nuts. (PS, whenever it says "in a separate bowl" I conveniently ignore. I think this is because my dad always made me clean up my messes. JW now cleans them up, but the habit is hard to break :) )
3. Ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Serve immediately.

Nutritional Information open nutritional information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 379 | Total Fat: 16.2g | Cholesterol: 123mg
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

Comments

Popular Posts