Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tomato soup and grilled cheese

My friends AG and DP came in from Chicago for the weekend, and after picking AG up from the airport, we NEEDED lunch. Ok, I needed lunch. We thought about a local sandwich shop, but then I decided, it might be nicer to whip up grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, and be able to have a cold beer and relax while we catch up!

For the sandwiches, I used 2 slices of munster and 2 slices of lite swiss on pumpernickel bread. DELIC.

I've blogged about this easy, amazing soup before, but here are the list of ingredients:

Ingredients
29 ounces can diced tomatoes
10.5 ounces chicken broth
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup heavy cream

Dip your sandwich in this soup... amazing.


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: